Monday, March 6, 2017

Hall & Oates Tracks?

Before I start tonight's posts, I am issuing a plea for help.  I am currently TRYING to get all of the tracks gathered from Hall & Oates 1984 album Out Of Touch.  I am missing 3 tracks and would like your help in locating them, so I can finish this new double disc set.  Here are the following tracks that I am missing....

- Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid (New Special Mix?)
- Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid (Instrumental)
- Dance On Your Knees (B-Side Version (4:38?) NOT the extended version (6:something))

If anyone can assist me on this, it would be greatly appreciated.  I have it scheduled for April 24th, so we have about 5 or 6 weeks to get them collected.  

Thank you very much!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry could only find this one.

    http://www109.zippyshare.com/v/mC8bk6sU/file.html

    12 - Daryl Hall & John Oates - Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid (Special New Mix)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other 2 might mean buying the 12"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know if this is correct or not, but according to discogs.com:

    "the "Special New Mix" that was neither special nor new. This record is notorious among diehard Hall & Oates fans. I remember how excited I was when I got this -- any remix of their 80s tracks was a cool thing. But this is exactly the same as the album version. A major letdown :) The only cool thing about the commercial release of this 12-inch single is the instrumental version of this track."

    Not that helps you as it's none of those three I have or can find for you, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Japan-only 12 Inch Collection CD that supposedly has the "Special New Mix"...anyone know if it's actually different than the album version?
    I also have the vinyl 12" which has the instrumental on the B-side but would need to get the ol' turntable out of storage to digitize it. Let me know if you can't locate a copy.
    Looks like you need the "Possession Obsession" 7" to get the B-side version of "Dance On Your Knees"...I see plenty of copies on eBay for cheap. I could easily be convinced to buy a copy and digitize that one also if needed, as thanks for all the music you've shared :)
    -Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neil, if you were able to get both of those tracks, I would be forever in your debt. (Who knew I'd be saying that about H&O songs?!) I'd post whatever album you so desired, fully deluxed and painted up with a pretty sleeve. You name it......

      Delete
  5. I just ordered a copy of that 7" on eBay so it should be here soon. Will digitize and clean up both tracks once it arrives.
    -Neil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy, I have the tracks digitized and cleaned up as best I could. They sound pretty good I must say :) How do I private message you?
    -Neil

    ReplyDelete