Monday, March 6, 2017

Cure - Live in Brussels - 1987

Tonight's second show is a grand one that I would've given my left gonad to see.  When this tour hit, and they came through Chicago, I was living there at the time and remember a bunch of kids at school going to see them.  I remember the girls coming back the next day with their concert Ts on, and their hair all ratted up and the dark eyeliner practically dripping from their eyes.  I wasn't the HUGE fan of them like I am now, and chose to see other shows that year, based on what my friends wanted to see, really.  Now, I look back and kick myself.

This is a great recording of a great show.  There's enough concert hall echo in the soundboard recording to make it feel like you're really there.  They all play in excellent form, and Robert is chipper and talkative.

I know the cover of Kiss Me3 is of Robert's lips and eye, but I found these pics in HD and had to use them, they looked so good.  Of course, I had to do a lot of adjusting of colors and whatnot, but I think I got it to match up with the album pretty good.

Also, you will note this recording is 1 1/2 hours long, more than will fit on one disc, but I only made one cover.  I did it like this, as it's tough to decide where to split the track listing, and also a lot of you have said that you simply encode the jpg graphic to the Mp3 file.  If you feel the need to burn it off and make a case, just split the album wherever you desire and squeeze the two discs into one case.  Simple enough.



 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds like a great show. I've only seen Bobbert and the boys once, sadly -- in 1989, on the "Disintegration" tour (which led to me falling absolutely in love with the music of their incredible opening act, Shelleyan Orphan, but that's another story). It was one of the best shows I've ever been to, and I still have fond memories of that night and meeting Porl Thompson and Boris Williams (both of whom were very friendly and charming).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw them in Mexico City in 2001 or 2002 - absolutely brilliant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the same year I saw them in St Louis!

      Delete