Friday, March 17, 2017

AIR - Moon Safari - 1998

My first exposure to Air, probably most people's first.  A great album that's better as a whole, then individual tracks.  I can see why they shifted their style for 10,000 Hertz Legend, though.  You couldn't really get away with making music that sounds like this for very long before people would get sick of it.  I still think 10000HL is a fucking classic, too.

Not too happy with the cover, though.  The font I used for AIR was a font I created back in the late 90s when I was making them a lot.  It was fun for a while and I created about two dozen.  If you go to dafont.com, and look up Kid Chaos, you will probably find them.  ANYWAY, not too happy with the cover, should have done something different.

Not a whole lot to say tonight, as we are getting ready to watch Pete's Dragon.  Boy, will I be happy when we get to a point where we're not stuck watching a Disney or animated movie all the time.  I'd rather watch a grown-up movie.

Have a great night, see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE this album! My first exposure to them was the song "Playground Love" and the "Virgin Suicides" soundtrack, then I got this album and I was absolutely blown away. This and "Talkie Walkie" would have to be my favorites of theirs, but I really, really love "Pocket Symphony," too. It's hard for me to pick just one favorite -- I love all of their music that I've heard!

    ReplyDelete