This album had SEVEN singles. That has to be some sort of world record. What's amazing, is they could have released ALL of the album tracks as singles, as every single one of them was an absolute classic. I bet I've listened to this album, literally, almost a thousand times. It will go down as my most favorite Hard Rock/Heavy Metal album ever.
A rundown of the tracks...
- Tracks 2, 9, 11, and 13 were all remixes that were released on their respective singles.
- Track 1 was a remix for the Hystoria documentary, but sounds right in place here, and is good enough to be included on this compilation.
- Track 3 was a rare (and I think unreleased) mix that I happened upon on a bootleg.
- Tracks 5, 6, and 7 were all recorded during the Hysteria sessions, but were not released until the Retroactive compilation.
- Track 8 was originally recorded as a b-side during the Hysteria sessions, but was re-recorded during the Adrenalize sessions and released on that album.
- Tracks 10 and 14 were recorded during the Hysteria sessions, but were never released.
- Track 12 was a b-side (for PSSOM) and then re-released on the Retroactive compilation.
I saw these guys in the summer of 1988 in Chicago at the Rosemont Horizon. I was almost 17, had a girlfriend, and friends from work who all wanted to go. Needless to say, the show was fantastic. If I could see this show again, I would in a heartbeat. I saw this show and the INXS Calling All Nations tour in the same summer. What a fucking awesome summer....