Wednesday, December 14, 2016

React 2 Rhythm - Whatever You Dream - 1992

This album followed the exact same history with the Guerilla Label and with me as the previous DOP album, so I am literally cutting and pasting my last entry for this album as well.........

William Orbit started his own dance label in the early 90s called Guerilla Records that produced and released House music.  Along with his own band of Bass~O~Matic, there were a variety of other bands including this one, React 2 Rhythm.  Although nothing super special about the release, I had listened to it a lot as I was a fan of William Orbit, and I loved the cover art.
I once had a great copy of this on CD.  In the early 2000s, I traded it in to a CD store for hard fast cash.  Now, I kick myself for letting it go.  All I have now is the tracks downloaded individually from a variety of sources.  Some are CD rips, there are also some vinyl rips in there, as well.  That being said, the best way to listen to these tracks would be to burn them on disc and have your burning program normalize all the tracks to one level.  Otherwise, you'll get a loud one and a quiet one, and it will piss you off.
If anyone can get me a hard, normalized rip of the original disc, I would forever be in your debt.


5 comments:

  1. Maybe you didn't/don't look there, but both this and the D.O.P. are to be had very cheaply on Amazon at the moment, with the D.O.P. even available as a download.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I've been doing this downloading through blogs thing for so long, I never even thought to look.... Plus, I haven't been looking specifically for them for very long, so.... I actually may pay some money for music now!

      Delete
  2. i love this album to bits. Bought it in a record store in Detroit in the early 90s and never looked back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. any chance for a re-up of this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been re-upped. I have also re-tagged and levelled all of the tracks, so you are good to go.

      Delete