Thursday, December 8, 2016

Iggy Pop - Instinct - 1988

It's been a rough night, so I'm going to keep this one short and sweet.

I bought this album because it has a fucking kick ass cover.  When I bought it, I didn't know who Iggy Pop was, nor his past career.  I listened to it, and liked it, but I mainly played it in my car as a kid so people would think I was tough.  I also recently bought a t-shirt with this cover on it, so people will think I'm a tough-as-nails middle-age rocker, too.  I have problems, you see....

It's not Iggy's best, but as I said I really dig the cover.  You might like it too, so give it a shot.

And that's all I have to say about that.

5 comments:

  1. I agree, not his best album, but, hey, it's IGGY! Even his mediocre stuff is way better than most people's best.

    I have all of his solo cds, and my favorite is "Blah Blah Blah." A lot of people complained about its slicker, more commercial sound, but I think it's a great record. "Cry For Love" is one of those songs that once you hear it, it'll stick in the back of your mind forever and pop up at the oddest of times.

    Remember that game kids used to play where you'd switch around the first letters of someone's first and last name? (Debbie Harry would become Hebbie Darry, for instance.) If somebody's name started with a vowel, you'd just add the first letter of the last name. Because of that, I called Iggy "Piggy Op" all through high school. Call me childish, but I still think that's kind of funny and it gives me a giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this one, especially the 4 remixes. I've never been a big Iggy fan, but always liked this album because it has Steve Jones on guitar. Cool!!

    ReplyDelete