Saturday, April 15, 2017

Suede - Coming Up - 1996 - Already Been Deluxed!

 Already Been Deluxed - Day Five - Suede - Coming Up - 1996

Sorry for the late post.  My parents are in town for the holiday, and we just left the hotel where they're staying.  Had a big elegant supper at a fancy restaurant called Chili's.  Then, we went to their hotel to go swimming in a pool that was slightly bigger than my bathtub, with 12 fat women and 57 screaming kids....  Tomorrow should be better.

Anyway, this is Suede's third album, and the first with their new guitarist, Richard Oakes.  This is where they got really good.  I think this is when most Americans heard of them.  Sad, I couldn't have been in on the ground floor, but better late than never.

This one has every possible recording out there, then some more.  This collection cannot be topped.  I would have arranged the songs differently in my own version, but I also felt that this way is their way, and to rearrange for my own benefit doesn't mean others would like it, too.  So, take it or leave it.

With it's fantastic Pop music introduction, this album is sure to please everyone.  If you haven't already acquired this wonderful album, now's your chance.

CD1   CD2


3 comments:

  1. I love this album. I think some of their best songs are on this. That said, I have to admit that I think their first album is still their best one. Brett Anderson has written some stellar songs with other writing partners, but Bernard Butler will always be the person who fits best with him as far as being able to create songs that transcend music and become sublime. They're like Lennon/McCartney and Morrissey/Marr. Still, even with Bernard not being part of the band on this album, it's an amazing record and one of Suede's best. I thought that all the b-sides from this had been collected on the "Sci-Fi Lullabies" set, but since they weren't, I'm jumping all over this for Suede music that I haven't heard yet! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those first three albums... damn. Just stellar stuff.
    I adored most of the b-sides from the COMING UP era, with a few of them (ie. TOGETHER, EVERY MONDAY MORNING COMES) being good enough that they should have been on the album proper IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    Any chance you could re-up disc 2? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete