Friday, July 15, 2016

Inspiral Carpets - Life - 1990

Since I missed last night's post, I will do it today, along with today's regular post.  SO, two posts on a one post day!!!  Woohoo!

When Madchester exploded, I always liked the Carpets better than all the rest.  Their look was the best, I loved their keyboard/organ (reminded me of the Doors), and they always had the best pophook melodies.  Of all of the groups, these were the guys I sang along with the most. 

I got these guys my Senior year in High School, right before graduation.  I had it playing in my car, and the girlfriend I had at the time just rolled her eyes like I was some sort of freek.  So be it, the music was good.  While everyone else was listening to MC Hammer, New Kids on the Block and Bel Biv DeVoe, I was jamming out to British hipsters, and I loved it.  Listening to it now, it's hard to believe that it was even released during the same time as those other musical outfits, as it has transcended it's birth, 26 years later.  Can't say the same for those other guys.

After this album, they had another that was pretty good, not bad.  After that, they slid into an irrelevant hole of uncreativity.  Too bad for them...

This album has already been released as a deluxe set.  But, they didn't include any b-sides, and they had a bunch of Dung 4 tracks on there as well.  I've eliminated the live tracks, demos and Dung 4 tracks, and added the b-sides and remixes.  Much better.

Maybe later I'll post my Dung 4, but not now.  For now, this is good....

3 comments: