Thursday, February 16, 2017

Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy - 1993

Yeah, I like this album, sure.  But, tonight's post is specifically for my wife.  She got this album and fell in love with it.  I tried forever to avoid listening to it, but eventually I had to.  Yes, I was impressed, and I like Sarah's other work, too.  But, I'm posting this for my wife, as she has a "group orientation" at a potential job that really isn't what she wants.  But, right now, it's all we have, and we have to put food on the table.

I love you, sweetheart.  I know you'd sacrifice everything for your family.  And, I'm incredibly grateful for it.

Chat with you later....

2 comments:

  1. Your wife has fantastic taste!

    I was in the midst of a very ugly divorce from an abuser when this album came out, and a lot of the songs on it really spoke to me. I don't know if SM dealt with the same things that I was going through at the time, but after nearly four years of letting myself be beaten down verbally, emotionally, and at times physically, this was an incredibly empowering album for me. It helped me through a very tough period of my life, and for me, these songs will always symbolize strength and dignity.

    Besides that, she has an amazing voice, and the songs (particularly "Elsewhere") really stick with you. I still find myself humming that one out of the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I just grabed this very CD at a thrift shop for 2.50$ today! What are the chances?
    I love her body of work, specially from the 80's and 90's. It's amazing how she mutated from her origins singing for EBM bands and then getting production from Franch-canadian Pierre Marchand (who in my book is up there with the likes of Daniel Lanois). So, let's enjoy her music tonight!

    ReplyDelete