Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Hooters - One Way Home - 1987 - Nothing Extra Nothing More!

Nothing Extra Nothing More - Day Two - Hooters - One Way Home - 1987
This was one of my favorite albums during my Freshman and Sophomore years in High School.  I had liked the singles from their previous album, but didn't have the money to purchase it, so this was my first one.  The first six songs are great.  The last three...meh.  It's unfortunate that they didn't make any remixes and didn't record any actual b-sides.  The only b-side they had from this album, was their live version of Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds.  But, you all know how I feel about individual live tracks.

When I bought the album, my parents were a little disturbed by the name of the group.  I think they actually thought they were calling themselves "The Titties" or something.  Funny how naive a 15 year old boy can be at times to not see that at all.

Great music, though, and one that stands high in the history of my musical life.  Doesn't have anything extra, but worth every bit that it does...


 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that this is a fantastic album, though I do like "Nervous Night" a bit better. Still, this one is stellar, too! There isn't one song on here I don't like, though after being familiar with the much peppier version of "Fightin' on the Same Side" on their first (indie) album, "Amore," the re-recorded version on this album falls a little flat for me. I thought their original recording of it was so much better.

    WHAT?! "Engine 999" is one of my favorite songs on this album! I love the energy of it, and I think it closes the album on a high note. So I've got to disagree with you on that point.

    These guys have been one of my favorite bands since I first heard "And We Danced" back in 1985. Loved them then, love them now, always will.

    (Interesting musical note: Did you know that Rob Hyman and Eric Bazilian of the Hooters were the main players on Cyndi Lauper's "She's So Unusual" album, and that Rob co-write and sang backup on "Time After Time?")

    ReplyDelete