Friday, June 30, 2017

Bloc Party - A Weekend In the City - 2007

 
I've got a big weekend ahead of me.  Taking the family to see my folks for the next couple days, and start my new job on Monday.  Today was my last day at my old job, so I'm feeling pretty good.  Anyway, short post tonight as I've got one foot out the door.

After their awesome debut album and the spectacular Two More Years single, I was really looking forward to this one.  As a sophomore release, it showed that their talent really was there, and it wasn't a fluke that their first was a hit.  It was solid, strong, and full of great songs.  It wasn't quite as good as I was expecting, but it never is when you set your expectations super high, and that's what I'd done.

There are quite a few songs on here that you'll really enjoy, as I did.  And, as far as the mixes go, there are a few great ones, some solid ones, and some crap ones.  I'd really like to expand on these statements, but my time is short, and I need to get on the road.

Have a great holiday weekend, and I'll get back to you Monday night, as I'll be out on the 4th celebrating the second greatest holiday of the year.

Weekend     Another Weekend    Remix 1    Remix 2

 


4 comments:

  1. On a similar note I have just managed to compile all the b-sides and rare tracks from the 2 Easyworld albums and was wondering if you'd be interested in showcasing them on here. I've tried to find your email address to inquire about this but my stupid brain can't find it on here XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd Love To Have Them!

      Kidchaos2@aol.com

      And I will put them on my list to post!!!!!

      Delete
    2. I've just realised I'm missing one b-side from their final single (from the 7" format). I'm waiting til I get paid again so I can buy the promo with all the b-sides from all formats, then I'll send you the lot..... Although I do also have a 'best of' Apollo 440 that I made INCLUDING all the stuff before 'Millennium Fever'. I either managed to find rare CD formats or some of the tracks on compilations (you could say I'm a bit of a fan).

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete