Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Duran Duran Appreciation Day

Hope you all had a wonderful Duran Duran Appreciation Day.  Lol.  Don't get me wrong, I totally love the band.  I've been a fan of theirs since 1983, and have religiously purchased every release that they have.  I just think it's hilarious that we need a day to appreciate a band.  What IS that?!

Plus, I must say that they've really disappointed me with this last album.  They continue to try and "re-invent" themselves when the original formula is what worked.  And, even if they have changed in musical style, it really needs to reflect their age.  They're trying too hard to be hip for this generation, and I think it's a joke.  I mean, who in their right minds lets Mylie Cyrus guest vocal on their album?!  As if they weren't having enough problems with their credibility.

Again, I love the band, but today I feel more cynical about them than appreciative.  Maybe THEY should have a Duran Duran FAN Appreciation Day.  Yes, I may be getting too old, but they forget that they're getting too old, too...

Again, hope your D2 Day was a special one...

No comments:

Post a Comment